For Immediate Release
January 12, 2021
South Carolina Football Hall of Fame announces 2021 Blanchard-Rogers Trophy Finalists
Greenville, SC: The South Carolina Football Hall of Fame (SCFHOF) announces its top finalists for the recipient of the Blanchard-Rogers Trophy presented by Hale’s Jewelers, which goes out to the most outstanding collegiate player of the year that has South Carolina ties. The winner is derived from a vote of its members (fan members, sports media, and its Boards and Executive Team). Fans can access the ballot HERE (free).
The Blanchard-Rogers Trophy will be awarded during the organization’s ninth annual Enshrinement Ceremony and Benefit scheduled for March 31, 2022. The Blanchard-Rogers Trophy is hand crafted by local artist Ryan Calloway of Creative Iron Works and was put into commission in 2016. This will be the ninth straight year the organization has honored the collegiate player of the year from South Carolina. The Blanchard-Rogers Trophy is named after Felix “Doc” Blanchard and George Rogers, Heisman winners in the South Carolina Football Hall of Fame.
Last year, University of South Carolina (USC) RB Kevin Harris, who was the 2020 SEC leader in rushing, received the Blanchard-Rogers Trophy from USC great, George Rogers. Two years ago, the Trophy was given to 2020 #1 overall NFL Draft pick and former Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence, who just completed his first season with the Jacksonville Jaguars. To see a full list of past recipients visit scfootballhof.org.
The SCFHOF encourages the football fans of South Carolina to vote for this year’s recipient. Voting ends February 7, 2022.
The SCFHOF is a 501(c)(3) “For Impact” organization whose mission is to honor South Carolina football legends and help lead South Carolina students to the Top 10 in the country for college and career readiness by December 31, 2030. The SCFHOF is on a mission, celebrating excellence and educating, empowering, and encouraging themselves and others to live in purpose to bring out the best for our South Carolina Community. The SCFHOF believe that with your support SC students can be Top 10 nationally in college and career readiness by December 31, 2030. (Ranked 43rd nationally in 2019 by U.S. News)
The SCFHOF invites you to play your role in this worthwhile legacy. Go to scfootballhof.org to join the movement today! #SCTop10N2030
2021 Blanchard-Rogers Trophy Finalists (Alphabetical Order)
1. Booth, Andrew (Clemson/Dacula, GA/JR) DB: 11 GP/39 Total Tackles/3 TFL/3 INT/4 PBU
· All-ACC (1st)
· Considered a 1st round talent in 2022 NFL Draft
2. Durant, Decobie (SC State/Lamar, SC/SR) DB: 12 GP/38 Total Tackles/2 TFL/1 sack/3 INT/12 PBU
· All-MEAC (1st)
· MEAC Defensive Player of the Year
· 1st Team Associated Press All-American/2nd Team All-American (STATS FCS)
· East/West Shrine Bowl Invite
3. Durant, Mataeo (Duke/Plum Branch, SC/SR) RB: 12 GP/1,241 Rush Yds/9 Rush TDs/27 Catches/ 256 Receiving Yds/2 Receiving TDs/1,497 Total Yds/11 Total TDs
· All-ACC (1st)
· Set Duke’s single season rushing yards record
· NFLPA Bowl Invite
4. Foster, Jaylan (South Carolina/Duncan, SC/SR) S: 13 GP/97 Total Tackles/5 TFL/2 Sacks/5 INT/2 FF/3 PBU
· All-SEC (1st)
· Led SEC in interceptions (5)
· Walter Camp 2nd Team All-American
5. Jackson, D’Marco (App St./Spartanburg, SC/SR) LB: 14 GP/120 Total Tackles/19 TFL/6 Sacks/1 INT/1 FF/27 QBH/5 PBU
· All-Sunbelt (1st)
· Sunbelt Defensive Player of the Year
· Senior Bowl Invite
6. McCall, Grayson (CCU/Indian Trail, NC/R-SO) QB: 11 GP/2,873 Pass Yds/27 pass TDs/3 Int/73% comp/290 rush yds/4 rush TDs/3,163 Total Yds/31 Total TDs/207.6 Efficiency Rating
· All-Sun Belt (1st)
· Sun Belt Conference Player of the Year
· Set NCAA Efficiency Rating record for a season
7. Tindall, Channing (Georgia/Columbia, SC/SR) LB; 15 GP/73 Total Tackles/7.5 TFL/5.5 Sacks/1 FF/ 14 QBH
· All-SEC (2nd)
· 3rd leading tackler on National Champion UGA’s #1 Defense
· Senior Bowl Invite
For Media Use Only
Contact Michael Foster for any questions or media requests at firstname.lastname@example.org.