- The Browns rushed for 219 yards on 25 carries today. It is the team’s second-highest rushing total this season and third time the club has eclipsed 200 rushing yards in a game in 2021.
- The rushing attack is third in rushing yards with 2,173 (through Saturday games) this season and third (4,547) dating back to 2020.
- The Browns have rushed for 100 yards or more in 23 games since last season, tied for third in the NFL with Denver, Philadelphia and Tennessee. The team is 17-6 in those games since last year.
- The team has rushed for over 150 yards in 14 games since 2020, tied for second in the league (Baltimore and Philadelphia).
- The rushing attack is first in the NFL with 73 rushes for at least 10 yards.
RB Nick Chubb
- 2022 Pro Bowler RB Nick Chubb capped this evening with a game-high 17 rushes for 126 yards (7.4 avg) and one rushing touchdown. He also added three catches for 58 yards (tied for career-high).
- His 40-yard reception in the opening drive of the game was the longest of his career.
- Chubb is now eight rushing scores away from tying Otto Graham (44) for fifth-most in franchise history, despite playing in just 56 games.
All-time Browns rushing touchdown leaders
|Jim Brown (118 games played)||106|
|Leroy Kelly (136 games played)||74|
|Mike Pruitt (124 games played)||47|
|Kevin Mack (99 games played)||46|
|Otto Graham (126 games played)||44|
|Nick Chubb (56 games played)||36|
- Chubb currently ranks second in the NFL with 1,143 rushing yards and second in rushes of 10-plus yards with 38 this season and is the only player in the league with 950-or-more rushing yards in each of the past four seasons.
- Chubb notched his 46th game with 50-or-more scrimmage yards, the most by a Brown in their first 56 career games.
- Chubb has reached 50 rushing yards in 44 games since he was drafted in 2018, passing Jim Brown for most by a Brown in their first four years. The 44 is also the most amongst all Browns in their first 56 games.
- He also logged his 44th game with 50-or-more rushing yards, the third-most by an active player behind Ezekiel Elliott (49) and Adrian Peterson (48) in their first 56 games.
- The 44 games Chubb has rushed for more than 50 yards are third-most by an active player in their first four seasons.
- Chubb has notched 100-or-more scrimmage yards in five out of his six road games played in this season, along with 150-plus scrimmage yards and a rushing score in three of his past four games in opponents stadiums this season.
- Chubb recorded his 22nd career game with 100-or-more rushing yards, placing him five back of matching Leroy Kelly for second-most in franchise history:
Most games with 100-plus rushing yards by a Brown
|Jim Brown (1957-65)||58|
|Leroy Kelly (1964-68)||27|
|Nick Chubb (2018-21)||22|
- His 22 100-yard rushing games are second in the league since 2018 behind Derrick Henry’s 23 and is the best by a player in his first four seasons since that time. The Browns are 16-6 in those instances.
- Chubb has logged three games in a row versus NFC North opponents with 100 rushing yards.
QB Baker Mayfield
- QB Baker Mayfield ended today having completed 21-of-36 passes 222 yards and two touchdown throws. Mayfield surpassed Otto Graham (88) for sole possession of fourth most touchdown passes in franchise history.
Browns all-time passing TD leaders
|Brian Sipe (1974-83)||125||154|
|Frank Ryan (1962-68)||84||134|
|Bernie Kosar (1985-93)||108||116|
|Baker Mayfield (2018-21)||59||90|
|Otto Graham (1950-55)||72||88|
- Mayfield’s 90 passing touchdowns passed Jamie Winston (88) for sole possession of third-most passing touchdowns by a No. 1 overall pick in their first four years.
- Mayfield (1,169) passed Jared Goff’s 1,166 for most by a No. 1 overall pick in their first four years. He is now just 16 away from passing Jameis Winston (1,184).
- He ranks fourth in Browns history in career passing touchdowns (90) third in career passing yards (13,940), and third in career completions (2,069).
Browns all-time passing yards leaders
|Brian Sipe (1974-83)||125||23,713|
|Bernie Kosar (1985-93)||108||21,904|
|Baker Mayfield (2018-21)||59||13,940|
|Otto Graham (1950-55)||72||13,499|
|Frank Ryan (1962-68)||84||13,361|
- Mayfield’s 29 games with more than two passing touchdowns are fourth in team history and is first by a Brown in his first four seasons.
CB Denzel Ward
- CB Denzel Ward made his 55th career start and passed Leigh Boddon (48) for sole possession of sixth-most pass deflections in team history with his two today (50).
- Ward also passed Patrick Peterson and Jalen Ramsey (49) for sole possession of third-most pass breakups by a top-five pick in their first four years.
WR Jarvis Landry
- WR Jarvis Landry registered four receptions for 55 yards.
- Landry (678) is one of just four players to have 675-plus catches since 2014, including DeAndre Hopkins (737), Julio Jones (700) and Travis Kelce (695).
- Since 2014, Landry is tied for fifth with Antonio Brown for most games registering 50-or-more receiving yards with 73.
- TE Harrison Bryant scored his fifth career touchdown on a one-yard catch in the second quarter. Bryant now has two scores with 19 receptions and 223 receiving yards this season.
- C JC Tretter missed today’s game (reserve/COVID-19) snapping a streak of 78 consecutive starts at center. Since signing with the Browns as an unrestricted free agent in 2017, Tretter had previously handled every offensive snap for the Browns. Nick Harris started at center today for the Browns.
- WR Anthony Schwartz scored his first receiving touchdown of his career on a five-yard catch.
- Making his NFL debut, K Chris Naggar made his first career field goal attempt (37 yards) in the third quarter.
- S M.J. Stewart registered double-digit tackles (10) for the second week in a row. Last week, he set a career high with 11.